Sunday, July 30, 2017

Review: First Comes Love

First Comes Love First Comes Love by Emily Giffin
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This will be a hard book to review and to remain "civil". By that I mean that for starters there was not one single character that I liked or that I thought had any intelligence or even morals. At first I thought it was because I am an older person, but then realized that these people are not that young. They are nearing their forties and IMO should have had more sense.

Josie and Meredith are sisters who fifteen years earlier had lost their brother in an accident. This terrible accident defined their family from that day on and it seemed that family and friends never actually moved on, and I actually got the feeling that they blamed their actions and bad decisions on that terrible night.

Jodie, the eldest sister is a teacher but makes decisions rashly and Meredith is a lawyer and has always made wrong decisions.

If there was one word that I could use to describe this story I would say ENTITLEMENT. This generation has everything, nice homes, good family, good education, nice lives. Now they think they can have absolutely everything immediately whenever they want it. Like Josie wanting a baby and, on the spur of the moment, deciding to use a sperm bank. And Meredith accepting a proposal of marriage just because she thought that her dead brother would like it.

It was a mixed up story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...