Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Review: The Innocent

The Innocent The Innocent by Harlan Coben
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Love HC. But not this one. This fell short somewhere along the road, I felt it meandered and I was not drawn in. Our protag had spent some time in gaol, served his time and was attempting to redeem his life. This was not meant to be, and thus starts a cat and mouse chase involving his lovely wife.

 The use of second person narrative at the end added another menacing touch, but it didn't deliver for me as a whole. This author is one that I will read no matter what, so I don't really mind that he may churn out the occasional dud, I always look forward to many more from him. Committed, I guess?! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...