Sunday, April 25, 2021

Review: What I Remember Most

What I Remember Most What I Remember Most by Cathy Lamb
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is the first of Cathy Lamb's books that I have read and I really enjoyed it. Grenadine was a very strong woman who had a terrible heartbreaking childhood and was now facing a prison term for a multiple of charges, none of which she was guilty of.
She leaves town while awaiting trial and finds herself in a small town where she keeps her past a secret. 

She slowly becomes comfortable with the new life she has and the many friends she makes including her boss Kade, who she'd like to be more than a friend. She's always had her art in her life as her comfort, saying things she can't and she gets back into it as she becomes a part of this town. But the disappearance of her parents and her shattered childhood still haunt her. And her trial date is becoming closer with her nasty almost ex husband trying to shift all the blame to her, and begging her to come home. And there's the complication of Rozlyn and Cleo.

For the most part I really enjoyed this book. However I didn't find the sections with Danny/Butch to fit. They seemed to come out of nowhere occasionally and seemed unnecessary and not fitting with the rest of the book. I think the book would have been fine without all those sections in and not be taking anything away from the book. Also, at times I found the dialogue to be just weird and unnatural. Nonetheless I did really enjoy it and will be looking to read more books by this author. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Flight Girls

The Flight Girls by Noelle Salazar My rating: 4 of 5 stars A stunning story about the Women Airfo...