Friday, August 23, 2019

AlbatrossAlbatross by Terry Fallis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wonderful! Kept me reading constantly until finished.

I have read, and loved, every one of Terry Fallis' novels. A few years ago I belonged to a library book group in Toronto. One night at our monthly meeting, an author visited us named Terry Fallis. He gave us the most wonderful talk that I still remember. From that talk we learned about this new author and then we read his novel, Best Laid Plans, and all loved it. Oh, I must mention that it was the very day that Mr. Fallis received the Stephen Leacock for humour.

The Albatross is a great story. One thing that I also appreciate about his novels is that they can be read and enjoyed by any age group.

Alli and Adam have been fast friends since early school days and have their plans to attend The University of Toronto together and join the writers' courses. But things don't always happen the way we plan them. During his last year of highschool, Adam has a physical education teacher who has read an obscure formula of measurements that claim that if you fall into certain categories you can excel at a particular sport. In Adam's case, his particular sport to excel in was golf.

An excellent read.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...