Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Review: Not My Father's Son

Not My Father's Son Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

How could you not just absolutely love Alan Cumming. He is so honest and sincere. He raised himself up from a horrible childhood of abuse and pain. He bared his soul to us and we must hold his story gently and respectfully in our hearts.

As well as having a father who was apparently deranged, his mother's family had a mystery in not knowing what had happened to her father after WWII. Much of that untold story was brought to light in the celebrity genealogy show. Thankfully Alan now has put paid to the past and is happy to move on with his life

I personally first saw him on the Masterpiece theater as a presenter and I was very taken with him. My next encounter was in the series The Good Wife. I loved the role he played and he was my favourite character on the show. I am looking forward to seeing more of his work.

I listened to the audio of this book and thoroughly enjoyed his voice and especially that humanity of his story.

Highly recommended.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Exchange: After The Firm

The Exchange: After The Firm by John Grisham My rating: 4 of 5 stars What became of Mitch and Abby McDeere afte...