Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Review: The Bookshop on the Corner

The Bookshop on the Corner The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was such a lovely read, or I should say audiobook listen. I do love audio books set in Scotland ever since I listened to Letters From Sky.

Nina is a librarian in Birmingham England who is about to lose her beloved job. The cutbacks are horrendous and libraries are closing and there doesn't seem to be a need for books since the cellphone generation began.

She has been bringing books home from work for months in order to "save" them and found herself in trouble with her landlord/flatmate/friend. She told her flat out that she has to remove the books before the ceiling caves in.

Nina has a little plan in the back of her mind that seems to be her only option at the moment which is to somehow get a van big enough to have a mobile books store.

This is where the adventure begins and I will not spoil the story by laying it all out here.

It was a very sweet story, probably predictable in some ways but very enjoyable nonetheless. I listened in just a couple of sittings and it was great.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Someone Else's Shoes

Someone Else's Shoes by Jojo Moyes My rating: 4 of 5 stars A story of mix-ups, mess-ups and making the most...