Saturday, July 16, 2016

Review: Lilac Girls

Lilac Girls Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book IMO should be on everyone's compulsory reading list. Its an incredible first book for this author and it brought to life the events of Ravensbruck prison for women and the holocost. I had never heard of Caroline Ferriday and all her good works, but just saying good works is putting it far too mildly. She worked tirelessly it seems, during her whole life to help anyone and everyone.

The story is based on two Polish sisters, one a doctor, a German female doctor and an American socialite. But it is much more than that and I can only say "read this book".

As an aside, the term lilac girls meaning, I believe, is meant to mean that it blooms only after a very hard winter.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Someone Else's Shoes

Someone Else's Shoes by Jojo Moyes My rating: 4 of 5 stars A story of mix-ups, mess-ups and making the most...