Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Imposter Bride by Nancy Richler

The Imposter BrideThe Imposter Bride by Nancy Richler
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Actually 3.5 stars. The story begins with Lily, a Jewish immigrant, with an arranged marriage to a man named Sol in Montreal. When she arrives in Montreal, he sees her and gets cold feet about the whole situation. Luckily for Lily, his brother sees through things and falls for Lily and a wedding does take place.

You are led to believe that the story is about Lily, who stole that identity from a dead girl in Europe, but the main character is actually Ruth, Lily's daughter.

This was a rich, warm story. It is full of believable characters that I became very attached to. I didn't want the book to end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: What We Buried

What We Buried by Robert Rotenberg My rating: 5 of 5 stars A Toronto homicide detective is attacked at his door...